• facebook
  • twitter
  • linkin
  • flickr
  • myspace

Get Your Yoga On!

Posted by on | |
Miraculously I woke up right on time this morning all ready to run but when I checked the temperature on my phone it said light rain, $@!?!  So I asked Darren, "yoga or Insanity?" He said yoga.  He's really taken a liking to it, more so than me because I don't feel like I'm that good at it.  When I was a teenager I took dance and I was very flexible but of course that is long again and I struggle to touch my toes but I said sure, we can do Jillian again, she always kicks my behind.  Since we took time deciding I had to get Colin ready for school verbally which is a real challenge because you have to repeat everything twice because the first time he responds with a "huh?" Drives me CRAZY!!!! I only had to stop once to brush his hair because he did it all on his own, I was proud of him.  Yoga went well but I really struggle with push-ups, I think in yoga they're called something else but I'm still learning the terms...anyway I do like doing the poses because I feel strong. I don't know if its because I'm doing more yoga or because I've decided to stop buying ice cream but I'm starting to see some ab definition, yeah buddy! I have this fantasy where by summer time I have the body of Jennifer Aniston but since I don't have my own personal trainer I'm thinking this is a LONG shot but I'm going for it anyway.  Darren is adorable when he does yoga. He tries really  hard and it has really helped with his flexibility or lack there of but all the straining makes him fart, a lot, but I take those air explosions as crazy effort so go to it baby, just please don't be stinky!

I guess we may also try to run tonight which is cool with me. Last night we shaved nearly 4 mins off our best time since we started training.  It's only been a week but it shows our bodies are coming back like there saying, "oh yeah, I remember doing this!"  I don't know if they like it yet but we'll get there.

"Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit."  -Wilma Rudolph

0 comments:

Post a Comment